TDT again joins in one of our favorite outreach events – the Engineers Week Celebration at Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training in Orlando! We’ll be participating with other FTC teams in a full day of scrimmage, information sharing with Lockheed engineers and a tour of the facility.
Team Duct Tape hits the road this week for an outreach triple play, starting with Lockheed Martin’s annual E-Week Celebration, one of our favorite FIRST outreach opportunities for several reasons:
1) Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training in Orlando is absolutely AWESOME! They not only invite FTC teams to provide demo opportunities to their engineers during National Engineers Week (this week – if it’s not on your calendar, it should be!), but…
2) We get a whole room, with a full competition field to run full matches in for two hours!
3) We get to see a bunch of our FTC friends and play with them!
4) And they provide lunch. AND
5) They give teams a two hour tour of the Lockheed Martin facility!
We love talking to the engineers, and some of their families that come by for the day, sharing our design and build with them, and getting some of their insights in the process. There’s always someone among the passers-by who has never seen FIRST Tech Challenge , and we enjoy introducing folks to the game and to FIRST.
It’s a great way to celebrate E-Week – or at least to start celebrating it! We’ve also got the Tampa Bay Engineers Banquet and the USF Engineering Expo on the calendar this week. There should be parades and confetti, too! E-Week is awesome!
We’re heading to Orlando tomorrow, to join in Lockheed-Martin Global Training and Logistics E-Week celebration. There’s going to be a big complement of FTC teams there, including all three World Championship bound teams. We’re looking forward to a great day with Lockheed Martin engineers, sharing what we love about FIRST Tech Challenge, giving them a chance to drive our robot and – the icing on the cake! – enjoying a tour of the Orlando facility with engineers there!
We can’t wait!