Team Duct Tape hits the road this week for an outreach triple play, starting with Lockheed Martin’s annual E-Week Celebration, one of our favorite FIRST outreach opportunities for several reasons:
1) Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training in Orlando is absolutely AWESOME! They not only invite FTC teams to provide demo opportunities to their engineers during National Engineers Week (this week – if it’s not on your calendar, it should be!), but…
2) We get a whole room, with a full competition field to run full matches in for two hours!
3) We get to see a bunch of our FTC friends and play with them!
4) And they provide lunch. AND
5) They give teams a two hour tour of the Lockheed Martin facility!
We love talking to the engineers, and some of their families that come by for the day, sharing our design and build with them, and getting some of their insights in the process. There’s always someone among the passers-by who has never seen FIRST Tech Challenge , and we enjoy introducing folks to the game and to FIRST.
It’s a great way to celebrate E-Week – or at least to start celebrating it! We’ve also got the Tampa Bay Engineers Banquet and the USF Engineering Expo on the calendar this week. There should be parades and confetti, too! E-Week is awesome!
TDT members spruced up for the Tampa Bay Engineers Week Banquet last night, and had a great time connecting
with engineers from a dozen different societies. They also enjoyed meeting with FTC Director and the event’s keynote speaker, Ken Johnson and sharing some of their work from this season’s Get Over It! challenge.
Time to for TDT members to don jackets and look sharp for the Tampa Bay Engineers Week Banquet this Friday. Hosted by engineering societies of Tampa Bay in recognition of National Engineers Week , the Banquet will be held at the A La Carte Event Pavilion in Tampa, and this year’s keynote speaker is Ken Johnson, national Director of FIRST Tech Challenge, a real treat for students in attendance. Florida State Championship Inspire Award winners team Minotaur will be attending the event with Team Duct Tape.
The Tampa Bay Engineers Week Banquet recognize the outstanding achievements of Engineers, Science Teachers, Math Teachers, and Students in the community, and also features the Lignell Awards, given to local High School educators who are performing outstanding work in the instruction of the STEM topics (science, technology, engineering and math).